Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bonolin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 30, 2015
While using the Smart Keyboard, the auto correction function is disable...
Anyone know how to fix it?

bonolin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 30, 2015
Hey Bro~ It's on the way! Don't worry.
But the disabled auto correction function is really a big problem for me, not sure if it is a bug, hope Apple will solve it out very soon.

ZMRoach

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2007
Seattle
Hey Bro~ It's on the way! Don't worry.
But the disabled auto correction function is really a big problem for me, not sure if it is a bug, hope Apple will solve it out very soon.

Do you have the same issue with the software keyboard? I don't have mine with me in the office (minus the Smart Keyboard since I'm still looking for that final piece), but I seem to remember that it was disabled on there too. Maybe an option to enable in the keyboard area in the settings?

Last edited:

modernaccord

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2015
Seattle, WA region
I have a Smart Keyboard problem...I don't have one.
Are the symptoms:
1. Irrational rage when apple.com doesn't have check stock in stores?
2. A dying need to type something on iPad Pro?
3. Calling every apple store within 50mi every morning and evening to check stock?
4. Having an in-stock alert set up at every 3rd party retailer nationwide?

If so, I believe I'm suffering from the same issue.

Reactions: RevTEG

TurboPGT!

Suspended
Sep 25, 2015
Are the symptoms:
1. Irrational rage when apple.com doesn't have check stock in stores?
2. A dying need to type something on iPad Pro?
3. Calling every apple store within 50mi every morning and evening to check stock?
4. Having an in-stock alert set up at every 3rd party retailer nationwide?

If so, I believe I'm suffering from the same issue.
To be honest I haven't put that much effort into it. I ordered one on the 11th, that delivers on the 4th. So, I'm waiting.

Problem is the Pro just arrived, and its a begging for some kind of cover/stand to feel comfortably usable. Going to pickup a Smart Cover to hold me over.

txa1265

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2002
Corning, NY
Autocorrect has *never* worked with external iPad keyboards in my experience ... is it supposed to work correctly for the Smart Keyboard (it would be nice, fer sure).

cruisin

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2014
Canada
While using the Smart Keyboard, the auto correction function is disable...
Anyone know how to fix it?
This exists for every iOS device. My iPad 3 and iPhone 5 would always disable autocorrect when using a bluetooth keyboard.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
I hate autocorrect TBQH. I am considering turning it off. Apple doesn't know better than me what I want to type.

bonolin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 30, 2015
I don't realize that all external keyboards have no auto-correction function. Thanks for letting me know!!

Apple should at least add an option for user to choose the auto correction on/off.
I'm not the expert for typing, sometimes I feel typing on the screen is faster than the smart keyboard (since I have to correct the word manually).

Last edited:

txa1265

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2002
Corning, NY
I don't realize that all external keyboards have no auto-correction function. Thanks for letting me know!!

Apple should at least add an option for user to choose the auto correction on/off.
I'm not the expert for typing, sometimes I feel typing on the screen is faster than the smart keyboard (since I have to correct the word manually).
I agree ... I grew up at a time when typing classes were for secretaries ... So my skills are 'advanced hunt & peck'

mpetrides

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2007
Autocorrect works fine for me with the Smart Keyboard. Maybe there's a setting you changed?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.