Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bloosqr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 2, 2004
I just bought an airport express to connect my stereo to our shared itunes server. It works fantastic and I like the way it extends the range of the airport wireless. My mac has my entire cd collection burned onto a single external drive serving as a "server." I've been going through and slowly rating on my cds and what I would like to do is to be able to have variations of smartlists w/out having to go through the host machine. That is have it play only songs rated above X or have it play only songs from two bands named X and Y. The only thing i've managed to get working is using the search option to filter so you can easily listen to music from one album or one band but there has to be a better way to do this and it would seem to me anyone using airtunes to be airtunes would have this issue. Does anyone know how?

gallivant

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2004
You'll have to build an additional playlist with the added terms, or use search like you are now, I think.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.