Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 11, 2013
Here
I've noticed a frustrating bug (?) for a long time that really hinder's iOS' ability to be a great music player (for me). I like to have playlists that force a rotation of my Music, but iOS does not select songs at random it seems.

In my screenshot you can see a simply smart playlists I've made. In iTunes in on macOS it pulls 50 random songs from all over my library. On iOS the same playlist just goes in oder of my albums by artists. So, for example:

1) Five songs that meet the criteria from the very fist album I have sorted by artists.
2) The three songs from the next album sorted by artist that fit the criteria.
3) and so on.

Hopefully that takes sense. Essentially, on iOS it's going album by album in oder of Artist to fill this playlist instead of randomly picking songs from my entire library. It makes the playlist predictable and also every playlist across my iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch have the same songs in it - which is not what I intended with a random playlist.

Does anyone else experience this or know of a fix? Thanks!

Screen Shot 2018-08-04 at 12.18 PM.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.