Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
I created a File Share on my MAC PRO (El Capitan) and enabled SMB and APF. I can connect to it from another Mac and Windows but not from SUSE 12 Linux. From Linux I can connect to a Synology NAS and also a Winows 2008 Server without any problems. Only can not connect to the MAC.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

simon lefisch

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2014

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
Thanks for replying but that is the reverse of my problem. I noticed it before. Looks like most people are going from Mac to Linux and not the other way around. My problem is accessing Mac Shares from Linux.

I did come up with a short term solution. I have limited use so I created a folder with "Everyone Read/Write" and then used a userid without a Password to mount it on Linux. Crazy to have to do this but my only solution at this point. It is only 1 folder and I am behind a firewall so somewhat safe but prefer doing it with normal security.

From the Link
However, I can no longer access those shares from Mac OS (Yosemite).

simon lefisch

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2014
Thanks for replying but that is the reverse of my problem. I noticed it before. Looks like most people are going from Mac to Linux and not the other way around. My problem is accessing Mac Shares from Linux.
My bad. Must've misread your post.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
Try mounting the share through the terminal and see what message it returns.
I have a shell script that mounts everything. I think it was getting Resource Not available orr something like that.

BUT, it is working now. Really not sure what is going on but happy that it is working. However, now I can not use the Connect to Server Option which I normally do not use anyway. Was just using to test. Oh well.

Thanks to all for contributing. Hopefully it continues to work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.