Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

csumner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2021
Hello All,

I've been banging my head against a wall for weeks and am getting nowhere.

I have a client who has a network share on a Windows 2019 server that works fine for all Win and MAc machines until "Encrypt data access" is turned on in the server manager.

1626128106957.png

Once it's turned on, anytime 3 of the 4 machines tries to map the drive an error pops up stating that "The operation can't be completed because the original item for the "Share name here" can't be found." even though you can see it in the list of available folders on the server.

1626127804190.png

Only 1 of the 4 macs on the network is still able to connect.

I have cleared the login passwords on the keychains on all the machines and re-entered identical credentials for connecting to the server and only the 1 machine can connect.

I've verified as many network settings as I can find and the only difference I can see between the 1 machine that works and the 3 others is that the workgroup in the wins tab is different. It is set to workgroup while the others are set to the domain name. The network doesn't even use a wins server.

The machines that don't work were connected to the domain, but I disconnected them to make them identical to the working machine.

All machines are iMacs running 10.15.7.

No clue where to go from here...any help would be super appreciated!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.