Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nihil0

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 19, 2016
So while I am stoked how great iPadOS 13 is, the one feature I am looking forward mostly is finally having access to filesystem on iPad (create new directories etc) and also access via SMB. I tried to access my iMac's Public directory via SMB on iPad as a Guest and while it connects there and shows all files available, when I want to copy something to my iPad (I have created new directory), I get following message: "The Operation Can't Be Completed. Couldn't communicate with a helper application." Does anyone get any idea what could cause this? Is it only some beta bug or something else? Copying from iCloud to same directory on iPad works great though.

xeux

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
So while I am stoked how great iPadOS 13 is, the one feature I am looking forward mostly is finally having access to filesystem on iPad (create new directories etc) and also access via SMB. I tried to access my iMac's Public directory via SMB on iPad as a Guest and while it connects there and shows all files available, when I want to copy something to my iPad (I have created new directory), I get following message: "The Operation Can't Be Completed. Couldn't communicate with a helper application." Does anyone get any idea what could cause this? Is it only some beta bug or something else? Copying from iCloud to same directory on iPad works great though.

Just tried it with success hitting a SMB share with credentials.

Reactions: NeshyD

nihil0

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 19, 2016
Just tried it with success hitting a SMB share with credentials.

But it should work as Guest as well - at least when I copy between 2 Macs, I only use Guest access as copying is permitted (read only rights).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.