Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kasufd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2012
In Brazil, a recent change in mobile numbers makes my messages without identification.
Mobile numbers from local area number 11 recived a 9 digit before than, example:
+55 11 8888 8888 turns into +55 11 98888 8888 (for better understanding, read this: http://www.techveger.com/2012/07/ninth-digit-in-sp-understand-how-this.html)
There is a lot of app on Apple store to make this change on your adress book, but it don't change SMS information.
My contact numbers is stored something like this: 0118888888. With the change, turns into 01198888888. My old SMS now are without identification.
I'm trying to edit SMS.db to make changes that I need in phone numbers, but I can't open this file.
I've tried SQLAdmin, SQL Browser, RazorSQL and a few more software, no success.
Anyone can tell me how I do this?
Apple Gadget: iPhone 4S running iOS 5.1.1

Summary:
How can I open and edit SMS.db from an iOS 5.1.1 device?

PS.: Really sorry for my bad english.

chickenwingfly

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012
I've tried SQLAdmin, SQL Browser, RazorSQL and a few more software, no success.
Do any of them can open SQLite databases?
Because as far as I remember, SMS.db is nothing more than a SQLite-based db.
I remember using (on Windows) a Firefox extension to open SQLite, since I wasn't able to find software for it, or something (there should be tons of OS projects on say, Sourceforge, but for some reason that time I couldn't find any and had to resort to that extension).

kasufd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2012
Do any of them can open SQLite databases?
Because as far as I remember, SMS.db is nothing more than a SQLite-based db.
I remember using (on Windows) a Firefox extension to open SQLite, since I wasn't able to find software for it, or something (there should be tons of OS projects on say, Sourceforge, but for some reason that time I couldn't find any and had to resort to that extension).

I tried SQLiteStudio and was sucefull, but when I've made a change and try to save i got this message: "no such function: read"

Any light?!

chickenwingfly

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012
Then follow my previous advice and use this firefox extension, even if you don't use Firefox, you can uninstall it afterwards.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.