Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; U; CPU OS 3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/531.21.10 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.4 Mobile/7B367 Safari/531.21.10)

Can't send email from my iPhone or iPad with MM, on 3G or via wifi. Went to mm.com and was able to send from there. In NYC.

Anyone else having issues sending? Incoming mail is fine.

mgdominguez

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2010
I'm also having this problem, both on my iPhone and Apple Mail. There is some maintenance going on right now, but it mentions syncing contacts and calendars, not the smtp server. I guess it's a temporary issue.

mettlerr

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2010
Same here...

Same problem here too. I just talked to MobileMe Support via Chat. They said it is an unexpected maintenance on their SMTP server, and that is why it is not noted on the service status page.
Estimated fix time is 4am EST at the moment.

goodscoolwf

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2010
here

I often encountered this kind of problem, although it is a temporary district, seeking for solutions.

HaroldC

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2006
Only had this problem start an hour ago. I was able to send one with my iPad, but currently the iPhone won't connect to the server. It just spins and spins and never even initiates the send.

Hopefully they fix this soon.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.