Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

larryleveen

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
Despite the EPSON driver download webpage correctly sensing that my parent's old iMac was running Snow Leopard and offering a specific driver install package and the install going smoothly, the unit does not print anything on the page. The printer seems to move (paper and print head(s)) properly, and the scanner works, but it cannot copy or print — no image whatsoever. I even used Snow Leopard's "reset the printing system" function that removes all printer drivers and then redownloaded and reinstalled the EPSON drivers but to no avail.

The printer utility says that the ink supply levels are good. I know inkjet cartridges sometimes need a nozzle soak if they have been sitting a long time unused. I am trusting another family member whose printer this was when they say they put new ink in. I guess I can see if they forgot to remove a label covering the cartridge ink ports and also give a little warm water soak — and even prime them with a vacuum as I have seen done on a video (and which worked for me when refilling a cartridge on my girlfriend's inkjet). If anyone has any other suggestions, I would appreciate hearing them. Thanks.

Slartibart

macrumors 68030
Aug 19, 2020
what happens when you try to print the configuration or the alignment or printer info page? E.g. disconnect the USB cable and
press the
blackink.jpg
ink and
power.jpg
On buttons together and hold them down for about 5 seconds. The Epson Stylus CX turns on and prints a test pattern. It also shows the percentage of ink left in each cartridge.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.