Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kocoman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 26, 2007
Snow Leopard: Why Xcode 4.2 beta support SL but not 4.1 or 4.1.1 (Lion only)?

What does it mean? The final Version of Xcode 4.2 would support Snow Leopard?

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
Snow Leopard: Why Xcode 4.2 beta support SL but not 4.1 or 4.1.1 (Lion only)?

What does it mean? The final Version of Xcode 4.2 would support Snow Leopard?

4.1 and 4.11 from my understanding are simply Lion specific updates. 4.1.1 was nothing more than a small update to patch 4.1.

JosephBullet

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2011
Is there a chance to run Xcode 4.1 on Snow leopard 10.6.8. ? I don't want to upgrade to Lion just to be able to use Xcode 4 :(

wlh99

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2008
Is there a chance to run Xcode 4.1 on Snow leopard 10.6.8. ? I don't want to upgrade to Lion just to be able to use Xcode 4 :(

4.0.2 is still current on the developer download page and will work with Snow Leopard. If you want to use the Lion specific features (full screen mode) then yes you need to update to Lion.

findhornriver

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2006
Maine
xcode 4.1.2 for Snow Leopard now available

Just updated my snow leopard xcode on the app store and it's 4.1.2!

Get it now while it's hot!!

aurora72

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2010
Türkiye
I'd like to download the Xcode-4.2 for Snow Leopard. Its link is given as (after signin in with my Apple ID)

https://developer.apple.com/service...d_ios_sdk_4.3/xcode_4.0.2_and_ios_sdk_4.3.dmg but when I click it, it says: 403 Forbidden

This link, however works:

But it downloads the Xcode-4.2 for Lion, i.e. it doesn't work on Snow Leopard.

I've given up the Xcode-4.2 and tried downloading Xcode-4.1 for Snow Leopard. Its link is given as:

but still no luck.

How to download either Xcode-4.2 or Xcode-4.1 for Snow Leopard?

aurora72

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2010
Türkiye
I think Xcode 4 for Snow Leopard is/was only available for paid developer accounts.
Thank you for the comment. I remember seeing the Xcode 4 being available only for paid developer accounts mentioned somewhere else, too. After I given up hope downloading it, I've searched my Firewire HDD (or I should better say a Seageate FreeAgent Pro with USB & Firewire) and luckily there I've found the xcode_4.2_and_ios_5_sdk_for_snow_leopard.dmg which I had downloaded in 23.December.2011, I've installed it by setting the system time to 1.1.2012 and it works quite fine.

aurora72

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2010
Türkiye
This is another place to download Xcode versions from, but not an Apple site.

https://xcodereleases.com

I've personally never had a problem with any downloads from here.

Regards Mark
Thank you for the comment. I knew that site and I actually used it to locate the Xcode DMG file in question but for that particular version of Xcode it's been no help, the links simply didn't work. But take a look at the comment above, to my luck, I've found that particular Xcode version in one of my HDD's.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.