Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

B S Magnet

macrumors 601
Original poster
In lieu of a wiki thread on here for applications and peripherals which are known to be compatible for Snow Leopard (i.e., having a "The Snow Leopard Thread”), I have found a wiki elsewhere (and a companion utility which checks the table of that wiki) which affords one with a means to check whether there’s software available with Snow Leopard compatibility (32- and/or 64-bit, as applicable).

The Snow Leopard wiki is hosted on Wikidot, while the utility, current v1.0.2, is called SnowChecker.

There are two downsides:

1) it is adware in that, similar to earlier version of Carbon Copy Cloner, there’s a banner ad at the bottom of the main window. I do not know of a way to disable that element

2) Also, despite the utility being about as old as Snow Leopard itself, the table hasn’t been updated for quite a long time. But on an upside, many links to the listed software denoted are included, and they offer a springboard for a (fairly current) Snow Leopard Thread to be set up here eventually. :)

[fn: SnowChecker was mentioned in passing on another MR subforum back in 2009, but this appears to be the first appearance on here.]

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.