Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you getting the Apple Watch

• Hell Yeh

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Nope

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Meh

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

AT101ET

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 21, 2012
UK (London)
So,
The watch was announced. Mixed opinions here. Some like it whilst others don't.
I like how the digital crown is supposedly revolutionary when BMW, Mercedes and Audi have been long using it as a control in their entertainment centres.
Anyway, to be quite honest I was kind of disappointed.
I'd seen leaks of the watch that turned out to be correct yet I had some hope that the leak would be wrong.
Any who, is it worth getting?
I want a smart watch for my phone, but not sure if the Watch is actually much better than some others out there.
What are you doing? What would you recommend as an alternative?

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I don't know what I'm doing. I really like the Apple watch. It looks good. I love the Customisation, the haptic feedback, emoticons and communications features. Also somehow in the Keynote Apple were able to sell that watch to me unlike any of the Smartwatches I've seen thus far. However, it needs an iPhone. The iPhone 6 hasn't caught my attention yet. Let's put it this way, the note 4 comes out in October, if Apple can sell me the iPhone 6 before then, then I'll get that if not then it will be the note 4. I'm not rushing out to buy the iPhone. I'm still waiting on the note 4. If I'm persuaded before then so be it. The Apple watch is a big pull for me personally though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.