Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

musicmachine

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 13, 2016
battery draining very fast apps take long time to load and iTunes crashes periodically can't home share through iTunes and text looks funny. please fix apple

high sierra was smooth as butter, mojave like trying to spread chunky peanut butter on generic bread

iTunes sometimes takes 5 minutes to even load, didn't have this problem on HS

ChrisChaval

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2016
Milan, Italy
initially, a lot of indexing is going on in the background

this is normal

battery life should be reliable after a couple of days

as far as the fonts go ... well, there are some dedicated threads here on MR

basically, if you want nice fonts on non retina screens: stay on HS.

If you can live with (somewhat) blurry fonts (on non retina screens), go with Mojave

arkitect

macrumors 604
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
Not happy with the erratic Bluetooth… "magic" trackpad comes and goes… speakers disconnect at random.

Minor irritation is having to stump up £25 for the latest Little Snitch 4.2.
Grrrrrr…

Fortunately to my eyes, the fonts seem OK.

musicmachine

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 13, 2016
my only concern is I'm right on the cutoff with a mid 2012 mackbook pro so i understand the fonts for non retina but I'm a heavy iTunes user and it has never crashed as often before and i can't even load my mac mini library for more than 5 sec with out crash, so i might try clean install in about a week if not fixed. i do a lot of LP recording on mini and transfer to MB. i know there is other transfer options but crashing is irritating

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
I don't have those specific issues but Majave is the first MacOS release in a long time that I actually have issues and problems with. I have a new MBA (2017 I guess) and display and fonts etc. are a real problem - things hard to read. I have had various Web Browser weird behavior and hangs on both Safari and Firefox. I don't like iBooks and the App store.

I'm sure I'll get used to some and others will get fixed but personally not happy with update

I've tried running dark mode several times and don't really like it but that is my taste and not a problem

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
my only concern is I'm right on the cutoff with a mid 2012 mackbook pro so i understand the fonts for non retina but I'm a heavy iTunes user and it has never crashed as often before and i can't even load my mac mini library for more than 5 sec with out crash, so i might try clean install in about a week if not fixed. i do a lot of LP recording on mini and transfer to MB. i know there is other transfer options but crashing is irritating

I have 2 MBP's on Mojave - Mid 2012 non ret and a 2015 rMBP - both work flawlessly and I have been amazed since about the 3rd beta version - everything works great on both.

Like you - I am using the mid 2012 MBP for music - iTunes to manage music and other recording software for guitar / recording etc.

I have not had any crashes all - fyi am using iTunes 12.9 since upgrading to Mojave.

Doing a clean install is a lot of work and may not solve anything - probably an issue with the iTunes version or library? or even the xml files?

Wad12355

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2012
London/Kiev
I don't have those specific issues but Majave is the first MacOS release in a long time that I actually have issues and problems with. I have a new MBA (2017 I guess) and display and fonts etc. are a real problem - things hard to read. I have had various Web Browser weird behavior and hangs on both Safari and Firefox. I don't like iBooks and the App store.

I'm sure I'll get used to some and others will get fixed but personally not happy with update

I've tried running dark mode several times and don't really like it but that is my taste and not a problem

MBP 2017 and yes, blurry fonts is a pain in back, Apple has disabled Subpixel antialiasing for text in macOS Mojave. It’s gone.

Little more research led to a fix, all you have to do is open up your Terminal application (COMMAND (⌘) + SPACE then search for Terminal) and run the following command.

defaults write -g CGFontRenderingFontSmoothingDisabled -bool FALSE

it did a trick for me, back to normal.

musicmachine

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 13, 2016
since upgrade all my passwords are gone and mail can't recognize passwords to log in. i know its early but mojave seems like a major beta so far

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.