Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scriptkitten

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2007
<strike>did summerboard create a way to leave your desktop looking just like the stock iphone setup?

if its really important to me to not have to use a "wallpaper" should i just use an installer app instead? if so, which one is best?

oh and do i need to install the bsd subsystem first?</strike>

nevermind.. i have no patience.. i just installed smb! its wonderful :)

Bernie-Mac

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2007
Sin City, NV
It depends on what you want.

1) If you want to keep a 12 icon stock looking springboard, use rsbt and finder and just rearrange your icons into whatever 12 you want on your springboard and hide the rest in "hidden" just keep finder as one of the 12

2) if you dont care how many icons are on your springboard, use summerboard so you can scroll through all the icons you have

:edit: jk, glad you figured out what to do :)

Speedracer04

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan
<strike>did summerboard create a way to leave your desktop looking just like the stock iphone setup?

if its really important to me to not have to use a "wallpaper" should i just use an installer app instead? if so, which one is best?

oh and do i need to install the bsd subsystem first?</strike>

nevermind.. i have no patience.. i just installed smb! its wonderful :)

If you have summerboard, you can still make it look exactly like the stock iphone setup by turning all options off and enabling the skip 4th row option...

in the new version you can turn off the wallpaper

Lionheart

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2007
Tampa, FL
If you have summerboard, you can still make it look exactly like the stock iphone setup by turning all options off and enabling the skip 4th row option...

in the new version you can turn off the wallpaper

This isn't working for me...I get 16 icons no matter what. But...I have a 5 wide dock.

Does anybody have 12 icons and a 5 wide full-size dock working with Summerboard and rSBT?

I'm starting to think maybe I have a bug here...I have to use dummy apps to keep my desired look.

zinj

macrumors member
May 23, 2007
This isn't working for me...I get 16 icons no matter what. But...I have a 5 wide dock.

Does anybody have 12 icons and a 5 wide full-size dock working with Summerboard and rSBT?

I'm starting to think maybe I have a bug here...I have to use dummy apps to keep my desired look.

I know I already answered you in the other thread about my setup, but I didn't have a 5 dock setup then. I figured I'd let you know that I just changed it to a five dock setup and it worked fine. I have 12 icons and then 5 icons in the dock. My settings are as follows: rSBT settings are Dock icons = 5, Springboard Icons = 14(?? dunno why). In summerboard prefs, I have Skip Last Row = On, Five Icon Dock = On, Icons Under Dock = off.

I'm not sure why my rSBT settings has 14 springboard icons, but that's what it was set at and that's what works for me. Hope this helps!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.