Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MTI

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2009
Scottsdale, AZ
Unless you absolutely need it right away, hasn't experience taught the lesson that within weeks or days of an Apple product launch, third party vendors will have what you need and more, with wider selection and generally a lower cost?

UltimateSyn

macrumors 601
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts
  • 64GB iPad WiFi
  • iPad Case (from Apple)
  • iPad Dock (from Apple)

I have a 2008 Apple Bluetooth Keyboard from my iMac purchase so I'll pair that up as the keyboard. I wish it all shipped tomorrow!

melman101

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
  • 64GB iPad WiFi
  • iPad Case (from Apple)
  • iPad Dock (from Apple)

I have a 2008 Apple Bluetooth Keyboard from my iMac purchase so I'll pair that up as the keyboard. I wish it all shipped tomorrow!

Hell yeah, I'm jonesing. I definitely am getting the case. I wish there were videos of people using the case already. (32GB iPad Wifi Only most likely for me).

kdesign7

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2010
earth, for now.
Plain manila envelope (like the one that comes with the Air):

macbookair-envelope.jpg

LOL!

nice!

okrelayer

macrumors 6502a
May 25, 2008
the little book style case, and a charging dock. Although if this thing doesn't support kindle app, or stanza app I likely wont bite on buying it just yet

3N16MA

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2009
Space
1. Regular dock
2. Apple case (depending on quality)

That's it for now (or day one), I already have a nice Crumpler bag with a notebook compartment. With some protection the iPad should be fine in there, no need for another bag.

UltimateSyn

macrumors 601
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts
the little book style case, and a charging dock. Although if this thing doesn't support kindle app, or stanza app I likely wont bite on buying it just yet

The Kindle app for the iPhone? Of course that'll work! They'll both work because the iPad supports all the current App Store applications :D

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
• Screen cover. iPhone users know what I'm talking about.

• Third-party dock that allows for use as a horizontal photo frame. All you need is a stand that secures the iPad and a power converter that goes from a standard AC plug to the 30-pin iPod connector. It probably will be a little cord that plugs in, so not a snug side-docking connection. But I want to use it as a digital photo frame when needed, so this would be my preference.

• iPhone tether cable. C'mon, I can dream!

• Bluetooth stereo headset and/or speakers. I probably won't be able to afford these, at least the speakers, but no need to clutter a very wireless device with any headphone or speaker cords. I don't plan on jammin' to the music from this with the built-in speaker. Unless Bose is making a speaker that small, it's not going to be much more than the iPhone speaker.

melman101

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Yeah, I'm trying to decide if I should get the dock or the iPad Camera Connectivity kit.

I actually might get the dock. I can use it as a digital frame for photos.

smetvid

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2009
So lets say I were to get a base Ipad and the keyboard dock, keyboard, camera kit, vga kit, SD kit. How much is all of this going to cost? To me it seems the price is starting to get pretty darn close to a Mac Book. I realize these are two totally different beasts but if somebody wants a cheap Mac computer thinking the Ipad will be a cheaper option then I think they may be a bit surprised.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.