Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HelloMikee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
San Diego
I've googled and couldn't really find any info that helps and I've tried a few things. I recently upgraded my late 2012 13" MBPr to a mid 2015 MBPr and am having all sorts of issues.

Because this is running dual graphics cards (intel and AMD radeon), I'm having all sorts of problems with photoshop. I can't open any raw files. I'm seeing these errors:

Camera raw has temporarily disabled graphics processor acceleration due to an error. Updating the driver of your graphics card may resolve this issue.

Choose the use graphics processor option in camera raw preferences dialogue to reenable GPU support.

Also getting this:

"Raw file" can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer"

When I open anyway, photoshop crashes.

Another error I received was:

"Photoshop has encountered a problem with the display driver, and has temporarily disabled enhancements which use the graphics hardware... etc."

This is super frustration and any help would be GREATLY appreciated as I have work to do this weekend and unfortunately adobe support chat/phone is unavailable today.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
I've googled and couldn't really find any info that helps and I've tried a few things. I recently upgraded my late 2012 13" MBPr to a mid 2015 MBPr and am having all sorts of issues.

Because this is running dual graphics cards (intel and AMD radeon), I'm having all sorts of problems with photoshop.
The dual graphics are not why you're having these problems. There are lots of people successfully using these computers for Photoshop. What version of OS are you using, and exactly which versions of Photoshop and Camera Raw plugin are you using?

HelloMikee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
San Diego
The dual graphics are not why you're having these problems. There are lots of people successfully using these computers for Photoshop. What version of OS are you using, and exactly which versions of Photoshop and Camera Raw plugin are you using?

The computer came with Sierra 10.12.3 (no updates available on App Store) and I'm on adobe CC so the latest version of photoshop CC and camera raw.

HelloMikee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
San Diego
Which version? Use this site to check. I'm guessing you are running an older version and will need to update.
How to check if your software will run under a newer version of OS X. See this site to check for compatibility:
http://roaringapps.com/

Well I pay monthly for creative cloud and all apps are up to date via the creative cloud app. I have Photoshop CC (2017)... 2017.0.1 Release is what it says. Camera raw is 9.8.0.692

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
There is a dedicated sub-forum here at MacRumors for digital photography, you should repost the questions there...

Miltz

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2013
I'm running a 2016 MacBook Pro 15" and I haven't had any issues at all. Perhaps try doing a clean install might help. Additionally what RAW file are you trying to open? Make sure it's supported my the current version of Camera RAW. Good Luck.

dianeoforegon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2011
Oregon
Testing in a new User will quickly tell you if the problem is system wide or if it's your User's folder that contains the problem.

CREATE A NEW USER

Go to System Preferences --> Create a New User in Users & Groups.
Switch to the New User by logging out/in or use Fast User Switching.
You can skip logging in with an Apple ID. Hit continue then skip.

Only default Apple apps will be in the Dock in the new User. Go to Applications to open other apps you might want to test.

Do you still see the issue?

If yes, then the problem is with your base files.
If no, then the problem is in your User's folder.

HelloMikee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
San Diego
Do you still see the issue?

If yes, then the problem is with your base files.
If no, then the problem is in your User's folder.

Thank you! This helped because I was still having issues with a new user so I re-installed Sierra and everything seems to be working now. Thanks again!

Reactions: Miltz
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.