Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
build is always one and screen

But Face ID effectiveness too imo having had a few.

And the speaker earpiece quality

And general condition / seamlessness or lack of on the bezel meeting glass.

BUT also, reception. Had a few Qualcomm and speeds anecdotally seemed better but two intel now and this one is TREMEDOUSLY better reception than my first intel. Which shipped with 10.0.1 odd enough and was like an early October build. Who knows.

I was convinced intel reception was inferior but now not so sure. This one and last I have is holding signal like my good qc did. Speeds may he different story but I’m happy. Fringe reception apt.

And camera sharpness a bit

But good luck! May he odds be forever in your favor.

Last edited:

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Geez, every iPhone I have ever had (every one from 3GS on) I've just taken out of the box and used without giving a thought to giving a thorough internal or external examination. That's true of my current X as well. Never noticed dust under a lens, a bad pixel, or anything else. Popped it in my pocket without a case and pulled it out as needed and used it. Been happy with every one.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Geez, every iPhone I have ever had (every one from 3GS on) I've just taken out of the box and used without giving a thought to giving a thorough internal or external examination. That's true of my current X as well. Never noticed dust under a lens, a bad pixel, or anything else. Popped it in my pocket without a case and pulled it out as needed and used it. Been happy with every one.

I’ve juMped through a ton of hoops but I’m finally set. Worst release for years for my luck.

My first was good enough except for crap signal. Deal breakingly.

If I’m a wise man I’ll hold onto this for a while beyodna. Year

I just notice cause when I have a unit that fixed a problem the new one exhibits something new interesting lol. Excessively tho

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
I’ve been using iPhones since the 3G. Only phone I ever had to get replaced for an issue was the 6S plus. While using it it just went dead on me. Wouldn’t turn back on so had to get replaced at Apple store.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
For someone being involved with Apple heavily, I have only had one device that had an issue with the vibration mode on an iPhone 6. Otherwise, every device I have owned has been perfect.

Reactions: thadoggfather

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
For someone being involved with Apple heavily, I have only had one device that had an issue with the vibration mode on an iPhone 6. Otherwise, every device I have owned has been perfect.

What surprised me most is my experience of variance in Face ID effectiveness. Wasn’t expecting that one but it was real for me. If you aren’t happy with how frequently it works id recommend another

Kinda completely changes the experience imo from something frustrating And objectively regressively to almost always seamless. Ymmv

RtWrecklezX

macrumors member
Apr 13, 2009
I’ve juMped through a ton of hoops but I’m finally set. Worst release for years for my luck.

My first was good enough except for crap signal. Deal breakingly.

If I’m a wise man I’ll hold onto this for a while beyodna. Year

I just notice cause when I have a unit that fixed a problem the new one exhibits something new interesting lol. Excessively tho

Maybe it was just your time to experience a lemon/defective product.

Reactions: thadoggfather
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.