Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
I was never a fan of the whiz bang animations throughout the OS, so Reduce Motion in Accessibility settings was great for me.

Well, this is what the Control Center looks like with Reduce Motion enabled...a mess, thanks to the missing blurred background. The only way to remedy it is to turn off Reduce Motion.

Blah.

0889C1D8-A70B-4F8A-9E09-656609AA005B.jpeg

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I was never a fan of the whiz bang animations throughout the OS, so Reduce Motion in Accessibility settings was great for me.

Well, this is what the Control Center looks like with Reduce Motion enabled...a mess, thanks to the missing blurred background. The only way to remedy it is to turn off Reduce Motion.

Blah.

View attachment 719049
It seems to use the usual blurred background in the iPhone. Perhaps a glitch of some sort on your device?

jrolson

macrumors member
May 15, 2011
Same here, swipe up and the blurred background is missing.

If I double click the home button the blurred background shows up. o_O

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013

Blah.

View attachment 719049
Reduce Motion or Reduce Transparency?

mcdj

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Reduce Motion or Reduce Transparency?
Reduce Motion "On" give the effect in my screenshot. It must be an iPad bug because my iPhone doesn't suffer the same issue with Reduce Motion on.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Blurred background is on the iPhone with reduce motion on. On the iPad it's gone.
If that's consistent for iPads (and there isn't some other setting that is affecting that, not that it really should), then it sounds like a potential bug (unless there's some fairly rational reason for it).

venusboy

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2011
iOS 11 makes me giddy and nauseous. The reduced motion fades are ugly. I really regret upgrading.

jrolson

macrumors member
May 15, 2011
I did more testing with Reduced Motion "on" with an ipad air 2.

If you swipe up slowly you get the blurred background like normal.
If you swipe up fast to open the control center, the blurred background is missing.

Clearly a bug...

macmyworld

macrumors 6502
May 25, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Reduce motion is a trainreck on my iPad Pro. Transitions between apps show blown up home screens as it switches. Things dog along in other places. Turned reduce motion off and it’s actuslly easier to see and faster. Yeesh

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.