Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZildjianKX

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 18, 2003
That was the only reason I was so excited about mac world... looks like us G5 owners will be waiting awhile longer, huh?

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Re: So no Virtual PC 7.0...

Originally posted by ZildjianKX
That was the only reason I was so excited about mac world... looks like us G5 owners will be waiting awhile longer, huh?

http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/2004/01/06/microsoft/index.php?redirect=1073391820000

McDonough would not go into much detail on the next version of Virtual PC for Mac, but did say that version 7.0 would be available in the first half of this calendar year. The new version will include enhancements over the current version 6.1, including performance and usability improvements, as well as compatibility with the Macintosh G5. No pricing information was available.

ZildjianKX

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 18, 2003
Re: Re: So no Virtual PC 7.0...

Originally posted by arn
http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/2004/01/06/microsoft/index.php?redirect=1073391820000

McDonough would not go into much detail on the next version of Virtual PC for Mac, but did say that version 7.0 would be available in the first half of this calendar year. The new version will include enhancements over the current version 6.1, including performance and usability improvements, as well as compatibility with the Macintosh G5. No pricing information was available.

Wow thanks Arn, you made my day :)

I tuned into the webcast in the middle of the office speech, and didn't see any details posted on macrumors during the speech, or afterwards... you might want to put some MS Office and VPC info on the front page ;)

DVDSP

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2003
Southwick, MA
Actually, I'm a little surprised that MS would update ANY Mac products after all the slamming they had to listen to from Steve.

"Microsoft is copying us again, and it feels GOOD!"

"...when Longhorn finally gets released in 2000 whatever..."

"...some of our developers really liked what they saw..." (refering to the original Mac GUI)

I laughed but, man, I really wonder how he gets away with some of the stuff he says sometimes...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.