Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mgartner0622

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 6, 2010
Colorado, USA
Hello everyone-
I've been awaiting the iOS 4.3 launch, as according to the Dev team, an iPhone 4 unlock would be available after iOS 4.3...
So, is there any news i'm missing, maybe anything more recent than that tweet?
I'm not really that in-tune with the jailbreak/unlock world, I just wait until Pwnage tool is out, and I can download an unlock through Cydia.
I've searched, and all I found was the other thread that was referred to a discussion... I'm really clueless in this subject, and was just hoping for some information.
Thank you.

Last edited:

APtalent

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2010
One of the develops cleared up that the unlocked will be released following iOS 4.3. Might take some weeks, or a couple of months again.

CZK

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2010
One of the develops cleared up that the unlocked will be released following iOS 4.3. Might take some weeks, or a couple of months again.

Lol.... Days or week is more appropriated. Note how i've put week to a singular form.

tikitommy

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2007
As long as its by July. I'm going to Greece and want to sell that unlocked sucker to another sucker.

polzii

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2011
lol, read this :
http://ippphone.wordpress.com

Apparently some German guy called takesn0w is challenging the dev team and is going to release an unlock by the end of the month. Really hope its true, I appreciate all the efforts and hard work the dev team have done for the community, but we need some fresh blood in the game.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.