Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MattG

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
Apple: If you're reading this, for the love of everything that is holy, PLEASE...revamp the web-email interface of MobileMe.

It is so painfully slow. Doesn't matter what browser I'm accessing from, and it's not an Internet connection issue (I'm accessing from a 20MBit connection at work). Every click to go to another screen takes an eternity, the 'search' functionality is also painfully slow, and about half the time when I try to send an email, it sits there for 30 seconds before timing out and telling me to 'try again later'.

FIX IT! FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT!

brn2ski00

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
MA
agreed.

mobileme.com is a pig! A big, slow, hairy pig. I only used when absolutely necessary and even then, I would rather wait to get home.

brn2ski00

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
MA
MobileMe's shortcomings in performance and features are not new. Even after the revamp a while ago it still sucks.

No kidding, that's not what was said. A lot of Apple's shortcomings (in general) aren't "new".

Just a cry for help that is all.

AdamA9

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2010
I agree, for a subscription service, it's appawling! If it wasn't for all my information being on MobileMe, emails, contacts, calendars I would have changed a long time ago.

I've never had this sort of issue with my gmail or hotmail accounts, so what is it that Apple are getting so wrong?

Would love a fix, as email at work is impossible to use.

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
No kidding, that's not what was said. A lot of Apple's shortcomings (in general) aren't "new".

Just a cry for help that is all.

...a cry for help in a place that nobody in a position to do anything about it will see.

The larger implication is that MobileMe should be avoided in the first place until it gets a severe overhaul and not half-measures like the last set of changes.

Cancelled
May 21, 2009
Far be it from me to defend Apple on anything in regard to MobileMe, but mine has been working just fine.

The mail portion of me.com is slower at bringing up mail in various folders. At its worst, it can take 3-5 seconds to view a specific folder contatents or the body of an e-mail.

The rest of the me.com portal (calendar, contacts, idisk, etc) pulls up lightening quick.

I'm on 30Mbps cable at home (see attached).

Attachments

• bandwidth.png
    bandwidth.png
    10.3 KB · Views: 228
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.