Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SoYoung

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 3, 2015
If there's one feature I want for years its this one. I didn't read all the little things about the new update, but I imagine we're still not able to adjust the volume of apps individually or the ability to let sound continue playing on the background no matter what we do just like every normal computer?

I'm so tired to listen a podcast for exemple and just because I start a quick video on Facebook or whatever's the podcast will stop automatically and have to manually restart it every single time, or if I play a game while listening a podcast, being able to adjust each volume would be very convenient as well.

So, no luck for this year I guess?

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I'm so tired to listen a podcast for exemple and just because I start a quick video on Facebook or whatever's the podcast will stop automatically and have to manually restart it every single time
I think this is related to the app you're using to listen to your podcasts. I've never had a 'background' app have its audio disabled just because I've started using another app that plays audio.

Edit: Ignore this. I thought I was in the MacOS forum.

Last edited:

antiprotest

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2010
For me, more annoying is when I am playing audio and I visit a web site that plays silent audio in the background (for tracking purposes, probably) so that it stops whatever I am playing.

Reactions: SoYoung

SoYoung

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 3, 2015
I think this is related to the app you're using to listen to your podcasts. I've never had a 'background' app have its audio disabled just because I've started using another app that plays audio.
I'm using the stock podcast app. What I mean is, if you start a video, the audio playing in the background will stop automatically and its doing this since the very first iPhone.

SoYoung

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 3, 2015
For me, more annoying is when I am playing audio and I visit a web site that plays silent audio in the background (for tracking purposes, probably) so that it stops whatever I am playing.
Yes! This is also an issue I have so if they would allow background sound running until you stop it, it would fix this big annoyance for good.

Reactions: antiprotest

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I'm using the stock podcast app. What I mean is, if you start a video, the audio playing in the background will stop automatically and its doing this since the very first iPhone.
Sorry! I've been reading too much Mac news today and didn't realise I'd stumbled into the iOS forum! As you were.

symphony

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2016
I’ve been asking for simultaneous playback for multiple audio sources for years. Apple needs this ASAP.

They have been slowly checking off the things on my wish list at least. But their speed is horrendously slow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.