Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Garrod

Suspended
Nov 13, 2008
UK
I'm disappointed - I had a £10 bet with my brother that it was going to be called Sea Lion. How my heart sank when they showed that image and it turned out to be a joke.

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
When he said that he would like to mention three features, and then said Finder tabs, Multiple Displays and Tags, I really thought "that is it???".

15 minutes later, I'm *really* wanting Mavericks! So many awesome features! :)

leman

macrumors Core
Oct 14, 2008
I am a bit dissapointed that there is no new filesystem, but all the power saving and optimization features are simply incredibly amazing. If it really works that smoothly, then this is indeed some ingenious software engineering and a much bigger deal then most people would think. For example, something like timer coalescing Craig talked about is really difficult to implement. The multiple display support is also a big deal and much harder to do properly then some might think.

And they seems to have solved almost everything people complain about in ML :) I am happy that Apple seems to focus at technical, innovative aspects of software again and not just looks.

----------

When he said that he would like to mention three features, and then said Finder tabs, Multiple Displays and Tags, I really thought "that is it???".

15 minutes later, I'm *really* wanting Mavericks! So many awesome features! :)

Haha, same here :D

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
I was right about Final Cut X. As much of a problem as people had with it, it was clearly a prototype of where Apple is headed. Those of us who took the time to learn FCX are familiar with tags already. Glad to see it spreading.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
App Nap is the feature that worries me most. Will you be able to exempt applications from napping? I would hate for a network application to timeout because it was made to nap by the OS.

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009
I like the new technical features. Im disappointed that the design is the same. I was hoping for some visual UI improvements somewhat similar to iOS, which looks amazing.

trigonometry

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2010
South Carolina
I wish we could have it today but it'll go nicely with a new 15" rMBP. Really pumped about the multiple monitor enhancements. I even did a little dance.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
the under-the-hood stuff looks great. wish they'd kill the hideous dock. am excited for this, tho...it's the performance enhancements that i want most...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.