Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 2, 2008
I just spent a pretty penny tonight on:
32gb wifi iPad pro
White silicon apple back case
White apple Smart Cover
Apple pencil

Some ones I am thinking of:
New magic keyboard as I am not a fan of ASK
Some type of pencil grip and clip
Screen protector as I take a lot of notes and scared of scratches-OCD I know
Possible gaming controller?

What other must have accessories are you guys adding to your setup and have found to be small but additions you can't live without now?

ifman

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2011
Tote bag or messenger bag to carry stuff .....and if it a soft sided bag, a pencil box or test-tube to put in the bag ....to store the pencil in, so it is protected against bends or tip damage.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 2, 2008
Tote bag or messenger bag to carry stuff .....and if it a soft sided bag, a pencil box or test-tube to put in the bag ....to store the pencil in, so it is protected against bends or tip damage.

I have my trusty leather bag that I use for work and love it and it will fit great. I do worry about where to put this pencil though as I don't have a storage solution for it outside of the original box for now.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 2, 2008
not interested in the smart keyboard then?

I tried it multiple times and it wasn't for me. It seemed to cramped of a keyboard typing experience for me and maybe it would have grown on me but it was a hefty price tag to take a leap of faith.

Also, I really wanted the white combo for the silver iPP and it only came in gray.
I really love the magic keyboard with it as it works fantastic, is lightweight, and easy to carry.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 2, 2008
Ordered one of these as I heard great things around these forums as well as love that it will stick through the smart cover/silicon case as well.

http://www.moxiware.com/products/apple-pencil-magnet

Any recommended screen protector or is it even needed? I get concerned about the pencil scratching the screen as i have seen a lot or something getting caught between the felt of the smart cover and screen. OCD I know

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Ordered one of these as I heard great things around these forums as well as love that it will stick through the smart cover/silicon case as well.

http://www.moxiware.com/products/apple-pencil-magnet

Any recommended screen protector or is it even needed? I get concerned about the pencil scratching the screen as i have seen a lot or something getting caught between the felt of the smart cover and screen. OCD I know
Personally, I've never used a screen protector on any of my iPads and haven't yet had a problem. One day I might, but that's what AppleCare+ is for. And I've writing on my iPad Pro daily with the Apple Pencil since it came out in November and still scratch-free.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 2, 2008
Personally, I've never used a screen protector on any of my iPads and haven't yet had a problem. One day I might, but that's what AppleCare+ is for. And I've writing on my iPad Pro daily with the Apple Pencil since it came out in November and still scratch-free.
Good feedback. It feels so much nicer without one and may decide against it as I use a naked 6s+ and it feels fantastic.

artfossil

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2015
Florida
Good feedback. It feels so much nicer without one and may decide against it as I use a naked 6s+ and it feels fantastic.

I taught a class for two semesters where we supplied iPad Airs and Wacom styluses and students did a lot of drawing and there was no damage to the screens.

Personally, I've never used a screen protector on my 3 previous iPads.

Farrellcollie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2011
I use a glass one on mine and have used one on all of my ipads since I got a scratch across the top of my ipad 2. I don't know what scratched it or how (I was using the apple cover and a back) - but it did get scratched. I can't tell a difference in use with the glass protector on - the apple pencil works great with it on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.