Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Coaler

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2010
The launch is the 26th. Thats around the corner......? Are any of our apps going to be ready for the release?

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
Apple hasn't said anything. I wouldn't be surprised (and as a developer am hoping) if they didn't allow 3rd party apps to be submitted until a bit after the iPad goes on sale, to ensure that devs have a chance to actually test their apps on a real device (yes I know there is a simulator, but that is no substitute for the real thing).

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
It would be nice (but so not expected) if Apple provided devs with a pre-release of the iPad to test their stuff on, but based on how easily some devs will violate their NDA, I just don't see that ever happening.

dlewis23

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
If the release date is going to be the 26th (The day I think it will be released) I would think Apple is going to have to start allowing developers to start submitting apps for approval early next week, 8th - 10th. This gives plenty of time for approval, and if needed time for a developer to fix something.

I'm putting in some extra hours this week to finish my apps by Monday. I want to be ready to go with apps on the store on Day 1.

I only really hate that I have no way to actually test it on a iPad. I can only do so much with a mouse pointer.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
So you don't think that we should expect any real iPad apps day of launch? :(

Well there is the native Apps and Pages, Numbers and Keynote. Also it's been reported the the Wall Street Journal has an iPad and will have a App available. I'm sure there will be a few more but the flood gates will open very soon after launch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.