Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TyleRomeo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 22, 2002
New York
Hey anyone out there actually have the new dual 1.25GHZ
PowerMacs? How do they perform when compared to the dual 1GHZ PowerMac?

tyler

TyleRomeo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 22, 2002
New York
ok well now the apple site also mentions that the dual 1.25s are shipping so who's going to be the first to speak up about the latest and greatest from apple

tyler

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
I'm waiting to hear from first hand sources as well......

Personally I think the Dual 1.25 is going to totally spank the Dual 1Ghz.......

Totally Spank it...... :eek: :eek: :p

Panda Genma

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2002
It's coming.

I ordered my 1.25 the day they were released from a good friend of mine who sells to Dreamworks and Disney. It will be here on or before Friday. I am so excited. See, I've had everything else set up for the past month, cinema display, NTSC monitor, reciever and such, and they've just been driving me crazy.

Kronic-X

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2002
Got an e-mail from Apple. My 1.25 will be here on Thursday. I can't wait! It's my first Mac so I won't be able to compare it to any of the previous computers benchmark wise.

TheCat

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2002
Well, it's now thursday morning.. so the couriers should be delivering soon (well, here in the UK anyways.. a few more hours for u Americans!).
What are the new 1.25's like??? Everything from apps to games performance!

Eager-Steve:)

Originally posted by Kronic-X
Got an e-mail from Apple. My 1.25 will be here on Thursday. I can't wait! It's my first Mac so I won't be able to compare it to any of the previous computers benchmark wise.

TheCat

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2002
Well, it's now thursday morning.. so the couriers should be delivering soon (well, here in the UK anyways.. a few more hours for u Americans!).
What are the new 1.25's like??? Everything from apps to games performance!
The 1ghz model doesn't perform much better than the 867.. so i'm hoping for more from the 1.25... fingers crossed!

Eager-Steve:)

Originally posted by Kronic-X

iwantanewmac

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2001
I was about to order 1 but I changed my mind.
I think they are gunna drop these "new" machines pretty fast.
Yesterday I found a dual 500 for a very nice price so I'm thinking of buying that 1 instead of plunking down over $3000 for a machine that's really not worth it no mattter what you say
When apple decides to make a REAL upgrade I'll be happy to buy a new mac once again.

TyleRomeo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 22, 2002
New York
Originally posted by iwantanewmac
I was about to order 1 but I changed my mind.
I think they are gunna drop these "new" machines pretty fast.
Yesterday I found a dual 500 for a very nice price so I'm thinking of buying that 1 instead of plunking down over $3000 for a machine that's really not worth it no mattter what you say
When apple decides to make a REAL upgrade I'll be happy to buy a new mac once again.

this statement goes well with your macrumors name :D

go for that brand new spanking dual 500!!!!!!!

TyleRomeo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 22, 2002
New York
Originally posted by iwantanewmac
It isn't new :)
otherwise it would never be a good deal!

haha, i gotcha man, then go for it, if you don't need all the power right now, as for im a power monger and need the fastest machine possible.

So today I finally placed my order on the Dual 1.25 GHZ PowerMac, it should arrive by Monday at the latest.

So I'll be proud to say I'm a switcher after being on these forums for over 6 months now. i fell back in love with macs early this year and can't wait to get hands on it.

tyler

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
For the record, my Dual 1.25GHz Power Mac G4 arrived here in Los Angeles by Fedex at 4:45pm PDT Thursday 9/19/02, give or take a few seconds.

It may not be the benchmark that most people use, but I like to compare the rates of SETI@home work units on my various Macs. Maybe I'll try out Stanford's Folding@home too, but for that one I don't have any previous results for comparison.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.