Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
oooh those foofbags are cool! i'm going to get me one of those...

not that i need it, i've got five laptop bags/cases/backpacks...

rickvanr

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2002
Brockville
Espnetboy3 said:
i just dont understand the point of the sock , especially when your paying like 30 bucks for 5 of them that you could make or buy the same type of sock elsewhere for a few bucks

True, but ask these questions..

Would the have an iPod tag on them? No.
Would the be made, and fitted specifically for the iPod? No.
Are you going to find a place that sells single socks? No, either way you are going to get more then one.
Are these other socks you buy going to be as cool? Heck no.

Espnetboy3

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2003
Well if you think they are that cool sorry. Socks
I mean the leathercase has more for its value thats all.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
dotdotdot said:
What about if my iPod somehow blew up... :confused:

Well, as long as you're on the other side of the iPod armor from the iPod, you should be okay. If you somehow got in there with it, and then it blew up...well, I wouldn't want to be you. :(

redeye be

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2005
BXL
markjones05 said:
A sock would prevent the scratches to your computer as well as being slim enough to toss into your backpack instead of carrying a seperate case just for you notebook.
Laptops in backpacks rule. My Vaio C1 got scratched so bad i couldn't even sell it for a proper price though. (which i didn't cause i still own it ;) )
New books should definatly come with socks!
BTW: Foofbags rock indeed (foofbag.com)

contemplating on buying a Mac Mini, socks for mini's would be nice... they are kinda portable :D and i'd hate to scratch the apple :eek:

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Espnetboy3 said:
i hear that but the leather cases dont add bulk and u can use it when its in it and u get a clip , as far as ibook cases or powerbook cases , how are they getting scratched people must not be taking care of them i can see an ipod where its screen is exposed and it might be in a pocket or seomthing but just get a regular carrying bag i think that a green or pink sock would look very funny and stupid on a laptop i wouldnt wanna be seen carrying my laptop around in a colored sock lol

Stop, you're making too much sense!!!!

Taking a PB sock on and off would also make the aluminium case quite static-y. I don't think that's generally a good thing for a computer casing to have. My PB shocks me at times when I put it on a blanket in the dry winter. I can't imagine what would happen with a PB sock. ;) And lining the inside of a PB sock with material that doesn't cause static when rubbed against the PB would only add to bulk.

And about the iPod sock.....it's a sock. Yes, I know it's made by Apple, but it is what it is. And they don't add much bulk, but neither does the case I use for running with my iPod. You guys are trying to make it sound as if the sock adds NO bulk. They do, but (possibly) a bit less than a regular case. One mm on each side, maybe. Are your pockets that small?

Espnetboy3

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2003
abstract you seem to be the only one making sense out of these besides me , thank you. I think people are just getting to carried away this apple products and the damn socks. Its kind of amusing.

markjones05

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 15, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
Abstract said:
Stop, you're making too much sense!!!!

Taking a PB sock on and off would also make the aluminium case quite static-y. I don't think that's generally a good thing for a computer casing to have. My PB shocks me at times when I put it on a blanket in the dry winter. I can't imagine what would happen with a PB sock. ;) And lining the inside of a PB sock with material that doesn't cause static when rubbed against the PB would only add to bulk.

And about the iPod sock.....it's a sock. Yes, I know it's made by Apple, but it is what it is. And they don't add much bulk, but neither does the case I use for running with my iPod. You guys are trying to make it sound as if the sock adds NO bulk. They do, but (possibly) a bit less than a regular case. One mm on each side, maybe. Are your pockets that small?

I still hate having some gawdy black leather case attached to my belt when i could have it comphtorably in my pocket.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.