Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redrog

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
Has *any* existing product been updated to utilise this? I’ve not seen any. I’m waiting patiently for Ring, Hive and iRISCO, but nothing so far. I was kind of expecting a deluge of updates for all sorts of stuff after 11.3

Is this a hardware problem, a manufacturer problem or an Apple problem?

marklemac

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2003
Southampton, UK.
Has *any* existing product been updated to utilise this? I’ve not seen any. I’m waiting patiently for Ring, Hive and iRISCO, but nothing so far. I was kind of expecting a deluge of updates for all sorts of stuff after 11.3

Is this a hardware problem, a manufacturer problem or an Apple problem?

I'm sat waiting for Hive too. Their 360 hub still doesn't support it, but it 'supposed' to have a firmware update at some point.

MonstaMash

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2011
I'm impatiently waiting for Ring as well. Now that 11.3 is out, they should at least announce something, since they've been promising their customers HomeKit support for years. I have the floodlight cam, and will be adding another and a spotlight cam IF Ring adds HomeKit support.

Being able to easily turn on the lights with Siri, the HomeKit interface and with automations are a far better user experience.

I hope Ring adopts this soon, or another company starts making HomeKit-compatible floodlights.

redrog

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
Still nothing. Apple conquering home automation isn’t going well is it?

Kognito

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2011
Still nothing. Apple conquering home automation isn’t going well is it?
You realise that software authentication has only been possible since iOS 11.3 right? It's not given accessory makers much time to implement support, though I expect you'll start to see some in the coming months.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.