Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

barnett25

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2004
I hope this is the right place to post this....
I have an Apple //c+ that I would like to play around with, the problem is I have no software. Does anyone know of a place to look for old apple ][ disks?
Mostly I want games, but anything would be nice.
Also, does anyone think that these machines will ever be a collectors item? (I hope someone says yes so I have an excuse to give my girlfriend to let me keep it) :D

HexMonkey

Administrator emeritus
Feb 5, 2004
New Zealand
barnett25 said:
I hope this is the right place to post this....
I have an Apple //c+ that I would like to play around with, the problem is I have no software. Does anyone know of a place to look for old apple ][ disks?
Mostly I want games, but anything would be nice.
Also, does anyone think that these machines will ever be a collectors item? (I hope someone says yes so I have an excuse to give my girlfriend to let me keep it) :D

Why don't you try using an emulator instead? There's no speed loss, it's easier to find software and it's not as heavy and bulky as an actual machine. ;)
Oh, and if you wait several hundred years, it might be a collector's item, but I don't think it will be any time soon (An Apple I however...). ;)

barnett25

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2004
HexMonkey said:
Why don't you try using an emulator instead? There's no speed loss, it's easier to find software and it's not as heavy and bulky as an actual machine. ;)
Oh, and if you wait several hundred years, it might be a collector's item, but I don't think it will be any time soon (An Apple I however...). ;)

I've looked into emulators, but thats not realy the point. I want something to do with the computer I have, not really just a way to play the old games. I need an excuse to keep it....I mean come on, have you seen one of these machines? It's almost cooler that my girlfriend's Al Powerbook (Almost).
hmmm... maybe if I paint it silver...then it would be just as good right? :D

cubist

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2002
Muncie, Indiana
I have a very nice IIe and four big boxes of software sitting around. If you're in Northern Virginia, you're welcome to come pick it all up...

barnett25

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2004
cubist said:
I have a very nice IIe and four big boxes of software sitting around. If you're in Northern Virginia, you're welcome to come pick it all up...
I'm in southern West Virginia as a matter of fact... I go to Marshall. How far are you from Huntington?

cubist

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2002
Muncie, Indiana
barnett25 said:
I'm in southern West Virginia as a matter of fact... I go to Marshall. How far are you from Huntington?

I'm afraid that would be about a 7 hour drive each way, not worth the trouble. I'm up near Leesburg VA.

barnett25

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2004
cubist said:
I'm afraid that would be about a 7 hour drive each way, not worth the trouble. I'm up near Leesburg VA.
Oh well, thanks for the offer. :)

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
****ING FIGURES! Sunday, my parents and I cleaned out a section of the basement so we could move my model train table. One of the boxes we threw out had all of our IIgs floppy disks. I wanted to keep them, but we gave the IIgs away a few years ago. I did manage to save a 5.25" AppleWorks 3.0 disk though :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.