Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nikiforidis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 1, 2017
Does anyone know how to add the new Software Update icon that is located in Sys Preferences on the dock?

KoolAid-Drink

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2013
USA
Go to /Library/PreferencePanes, then select the Software Update pane. Drag it to the dock and boom! You can try to find the ICNS for Software Update, create an alias first, then update the alias icon, then place on the Dock, if you want the icon to look nicer. I believe the ICNS file can be found in /System/Library/CoreServices/CoreServices.bundle (or something like that, I'm not at my Macintosh right now), right click, Show Package Contents, then search for it.

You can also long hold the System Preferences icon on the dock, then select Software Update from the list and open.

Reactions: Nikiforidis

Nikiforidis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 1, 2017
Go to /Library/PreferencePanes, then select the Software Update pane. Drag it to the dock and boom! You can try to find the ICNS for Software Update, create an alias first, then update the alias icon, then place on the Dock, if you want the icon to look nicer. I believe the ICNS file can be found in /System/Library/CoreServices/CoreServices.bundle (or something like that, I'm not at my Macintosh right now), right click, Show Package Contents, then search for it.

You can also long hold the System Preferences icon on the dock, then select Software Update from the list and open.
Thank's dude! I went to Mac'S menu bar>Go>Go to Folder>/System/Library/CoreServices/

In that folder i found the icon and I dropped it on the dock. This is exactly what I was looking for, Gracias!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.