Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

m-dogg

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2004
Connecticut
cait-sith said:
Get used to 'obsolete' -- things are obsolete a few months after their release date.

What's important is if the machine can do what you need it to do -- and these powerbooks are not going to be 'useless' for a long..long..time.

It's not obsolete - It's "retro cool"

kmarketing

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 26, 2004
Hi,

Thanks so much for making feel like I made a good decision!

I will put the 80gb hard drive in then. Hopefully it will make it feel like a "new" computer!

Thanks again.

jdiddy

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
dferrara said:
I'm still rather upset I sold my 12". I miss it very much... this MacBook is still an iBook in disguise.

I have to agree with you here I finally gave in and returned my MacBook. I went through 2 replacements and just returned the 3rd. I'm going to wait till Merom and just stick with a MBP. I could never get used to the plastic feeling of the MB. I was in love with the MB originally till the bezel fell off, the palm rests became yellow and the insessant mooing. My girlfriend even started to get mad as she had to go with me to the local Apple Store everytime. Now I'll never hear the end of her IBM/Lenovo fangirlism. I truly do miss my Rev C. 12"

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
jdiddy said:
Now I'll never hear the end of her IBM/Lenovo fangirlism. I truly do miss my Rev C. 12"

Haha! The worst part is... it is kinda hard to defend Apple against IBM/Lenovo at the moment. The Thinkpad X60 has a core duo and the same intel integrated graphics as the macbook yet it weighs less and runs much cooler. At least OSX has one up on windows tho.

.Andy

macrumors 68030
Jul 18, 2004
The Mergui Archipelago
There's nothing quite like a 12"er. I'll miss mine when she's put to rest. I don't even want to think about it :eek:...

img_8752.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.