Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uberamd

macrumors 68030
May 26, 2009
Minnesota
anyone who thinks Rev A is good hasn't tried the Rev C. First of all I bought a Rev C as my Rev A was getting repaired for two broken hinges (luckily apple covered that under warranty). The Rev C is *blazing fast* on SSD compared to Rev A, also with the Rev C I use a mini-display port to regular display port ($20 cable) to connect my rev C on a Dell 30" 3008 wfp display and works w/out any issues (the rev A/B graphics card couldn't handle this!). Now my g/f uses the Rev A and she's happy :)

I couldn't justify the extra money for the SSD model. I will use my Mini 9 if I ever need a SSD Mac.

aaquib

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2007
Toronto, Canada
anyone who thinks Rev A is good hasn't tried the Rev C. First of all I bought a Rev C as my Rev A was getting repaired for two broken hinges (luckily apple covered that under warranty). The Rev C is *blazing fast* on SSD compared to Rev A, also with the Rev C I use a mini-display port to regular display port ($20 cable) to connect my rev C on a Dell 30" 3008 wfp display and works w/out any issues (the rev A/B graphics card couldn't handle this!). Now my g/f uses the Rev A and she's happy :)

Good point. If graphics are of any importance, you'll go with the Rev.B/C. The Rev.B can handle a 30" display as well with the $100 (not sure where you got it for $20) mini display-port to dual link DVI cable.

However, just make sure your next machine has a SSD in it. You won't regret it.

GeekGirl*

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2009
Buffalo, NY
I have had now a A, B and C , bought another A because of the crappy screen lines on the B and C..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.