Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pierrespartan

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2020
Hello everyone,

I received my M2 MBA, I'm really impressed by its performance (coming from Intel MBP... ).

I just experienced something strange that I can't explained. I paired with it my Sony WH-1000xm4 headphones, enabled AAC via the Terminal as I've done already on my previous machine.

Everything was fine with Google Meet, playing Youtube videos, and Audirvana for playing Musics. I mean, no stutter or hiccups of any kind.

However, when running Apple Arcade games from the Mac App Store, the sound stutters every 5 to 10 seconds. This behavior is only present with Apple Arcade games, as I tested other games from the Mac App Store (not Arcade ones) and others installed from GoG, everything was fine here.

So indeed, I don't understand why Arcade games make my headphones stuttering.

Any clue?

Thanks in advance for your help.

galad

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2022
If you are using a bluetooth controller try to disable the sharing settings in the controller options in the bluetooth preferences.

pierrespartan

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2020
If you are using a bluetooth controller try to disable the sharing settings in the controller options in the bluetooth preferences.
Thanks for your reply.

I'm not using a controller, only the Trackpad (games tested: Overland, The Oregon Trails for instance).

pierrespartan

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2020
I noticed also that those hiccups last around 0.5 sec, which is quite long, it seems a bit different than a regular hiccup when there is a lost of data during the audio stream.

pierrespartan

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2020
Problem solved, although I don't get it. The culprit was Overland game itself. This game makes my headphones having hiccups. Then trying anything else leads to hiccups. But restarting the Mac and launching any game but Overland, no issue at all. So I uninstalled this one, which seems to corrupt the bluetooth process somehow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.