Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VineRider

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 24, 2018
I had to remove my Apple Card from my Apple ID as a payment method as it was stating there was a problem verifying the card. It had been working for years (ever since I initially got the card).

I go to Settings/My Name/Payment and Shipping/Add Payment Method, and it finds my Apple Card in my wallet.

When I select that card, it authenticates with FaceID, and then simply returns to the screen to add the card. All i can do is select Done and it tries again, but takes me back to the screen to add the card. I can also select Back, and that takes me back to the screen to add a payment method, but it never adds the Apple Card.

I have tried adding it via the web at appleid.apple.com, but it tells me it cannot add the card and to contact Apple Support.

I have a case open with Apple, but it is moving slow as molasses. I am not sure they know what the issue is. I also contacted Goldman Sachs and they say all is well with my card, which i believe is true as I can use the card for all other purchases, I just cannot add it to my Apple account as a payment method.

Has anyone here experienced this and were you able to resolve this issue?

Solved -
So, to update on the solution - I requested a new card number via the wallet, and that solved the issue.

Hope this might help someone in the future that has this issue.

Last edited:

CharlesShaw

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2015
Curious. Have you tried adding a different credit card as the payment method for that Apple ID?

VineRider

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 24, 2018
Curious. Have you tried adding a different credit card as the payment method for that Apple ID?
I have added my Visa card, and that works fine. I did get a response from Apple Support today and they are looking into some things. Hopefully they will find the solution soon.

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
I had a weird issue with doing anything with Payments once unless I was on Cellular. I even couldn't do it in iTunes unless I used the iPhone hotspot as the source. But you got some card to work, so I'm not sure then.

VineRider

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 24, 2018
So, to update on the solution - I requested a new card number via the wallet, and that solved the issue.

Hope this might help someone in the future that has this issue.

Reactions: CharlesShaw
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.