Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JackMcGrath

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
Im running IOS 6.1.2 on a jailbroken iPhone 5.

I was happily using Instagram one minute then the next it just keeps crashing every time i open it. within 2 seconds of pressing the icon it will crash.

Ive tried almost everything, delete and reinstall, soft reboot, hard reboot. Everything but a restore. I really cant afford to lose my jailbreak as i can only restore and upgrade.

PLEASE HELP! :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Last edited:

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Does any other downloaded app work? Strange that Instagram is doing this. Plus your JB so your software could be unstable. Is their a tweak that has something to do with Instagram?

JackMcGrath

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
Does any other downloaded app work? Strange that Instagram is doing this. Plus your JB so your software could be unstable. Is their a tweak that has something to do with Instagram?

Yep literally everything works but Instagram. I did have a tweak called 'Instahancer' installed but removed it as i had no use for it really.

I've removed most cydia tweaks that where previously installed also - still not loading. :(

trustme

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2012
Best way to prevent this is to stop using Instagram.

Real men don't use Instagram.

spacehog371

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2003
I've had this happen before with other apps. Your best bet is to just wait until it is updated if you can't get it working, that solved the problem for me.

JackMcGrath

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
I don't know if this has any connection but when I click the Siri option in settings, settings crashes aswell.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
No Instagram? Consider that a sign. If you must though, I think you need to restore.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I don't know if this has any connection but when I click the Siri option in settings, settings crashes aswell.

What tweaks did you previously install before noticing this issue? Sometimes, bad installation of certain tweaks will cause this. So you could give reinstalling your tweaks a try

JackMcGrath

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
What tweaks did you previously install before noticing this issue? Sometimes, bad installation of certain tweaks will cause this. So you could give reinstalling your tweaks a try

I was installing a few tweaks at the same time and when I rebooted after it was stuck on the apple logo, so I booted in safe mode and removed the tweaks. I think it was after then Instagram stopped working.

I have removed all tweaks aswell, still doesn't work.

Interestingly I just managed to install an older version of Instagram and that's booted but then wouldn't let me login till I updated. I updated it and now I'm back to the same problem.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I was installing a few tweaks at the same time and when I rebooted after it was stuck on the apple logo, so I booted in safe mode and removed the tweaks. I think it was after then Instagram stopped working.

I have removed all tweaks aswell, still doesn't work.

Interestingly I just managed to install an older version of Instagram and that's booted but then wouldn't let me login till I updated. I updated it and now I'm back to the same problem.

Try reinstalling the tweaks; that might help

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
yeah i re-installed the ones i use the most, instsagram still refuses to open.

I think im gonna have to wait till i get back home and do a restore. damn. :mad:

How about the ones you don't use as much? I would try reinstalling the tweaks that caused the problem and then removing them as you said that your device crashed during the installation/removal process

JackMcGrath

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
How about the ones you don't use as much? I would try reinstalling the tweaks that caused the problem and then removing them as you said that your device crashed during the installation/removal process

Tried installing everything and removing everything again, as well as the tweaks that failed to install, still not working.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Tried installing everything and removing everything again, as well as the tweaks that failed to install, still not working.

That might be worth a try. Download and install crash reporter. Open Instagram and wait for the crash. Open crash reporter and see if it suspects any tweaks

Krafty

macrumors 601
Dec 31, 2007
La La Land
There were nearly 80 reports for instagram when I opened the app.
None of this makes any sense to me:

http://pastebin.com/2Kmtzb3p

Thanks!

Try sending it to the support team.

This happened to me with the tumblr app. It was working until they updated it and it kept crashing on boot.

The support team even asked if it was jailbroken. They didn't respond afterwards (I dont think they like hacks too much, they werent too pleased with the missing-e firefox addon), but their recent update fixed it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.