Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AWESOMEGAMER

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2022
I just found out that ifunbox is not working and i can not go to the web site. I find that to be weird because ipad gen1 has not has support since forever. I was just using this for books.
Any alternatives would be nice or anything similar would be appreciated

Attachments

• ipad gen 1 5.1.1.JPG
    ipad gen 1 5.1.1.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 210

arw

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2010
What OS and Mac are you using? Or is it Windows? (Mobile Device Support indicates it).
I used iFunBox (1.8.1601) on Big Sur yesterday to transfer apps to iPadOS 15.7
To transfer pdfs to iBooks I simply use iTunes via Retroactive.
Alternatively for my iPad 1st gen I access my SMB share with pdfs via Filebrowser and select “open in iBooks“.

Last edited:

AWESOMEGAMER

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2022
is the
ipad gen 1 5.1.1
W10 (touchscreen if that even matters)
Can I also use this for the apps, there is one app that has file transfer.
It just a bunch of pdf and txt files. I am not trying to dominate the world (not today yet)
Sorry for the late reply

arw

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2010
I tested iTunes 12.12.4.1 and iPad 1st gen 5.1.1
1st Screenshot: You can drag'n'drop pdfs in the bottom area and they are automatically copied to iPads iBooks.app.
2nd Screenshot: If an app supports file sharing (like FileBrowser) you can drag'n'drop any filetype in the right area.
And like I said, you can also directly access network shares and send pdfs to iBooks completely wireless (via FileBrowser and SMB1 shares).
Fun fact, with Kodi (jailbreak required) you can watch SAT>IP on your 12 year old iPad ;)

Attachments

• itunes1.png
    itunes1.png
    884 KB · Views: 112
  • itunes2.png
    itunes2.png
    475.5 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

AWESOMEGAMER

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2022
and you typed on my 12y ipad wow with those letters of yours, are you keeping track,but anyway
lets pretend none of this ever happend. I forgot I could do this in itunes, yea i barley open the program up and forgot I did this taht way the first time. Plus I had a very old ifunbox I had not updated in like well 5y. So thakyou but this NEVER happend.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.