Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SpicyTrigger

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 16, 2021
Switzerland
Hi there,
I'm new to the whole iPadOS thing and tried to search for my issue but didn't seem to find any other posts or solutions.

As soon as I connect my iPad Pro 11" (2021) to the Magic Keyboard the option to autofill passwords is not shown anymore. I tested Safari & Firefox, in neither of them did it work.
If I take the iPad of the Magic Keyboard, the touch keyboard including the option to autofill my saved passwords reappears.

Is this supposed to happen like that? I mean I can handle it with the multitasking & 1Password but it would be much more convenient to autofill them directly from the browser.

Regards,
SpicyTrigger.

cola79

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2013
I have the same when i connect a Bluetooth keyboard. I think this happens because of security reasons, otherwise you could bypass the autofill by connecting a keyboard.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
There should be a little horizontal bar at the bottom that gives you the option to auto fill passwords even with a physical keyboard connected. See if you can enable predictive typing and have the bar appear again.

SpicyTrigger

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 16, 2021
Switzerland
There should be a little horizontal bar at the bottom that gives you the option to auto fill passwords even with a physical keyboard connected. See if you can enable predictive typing and have the bar appear again.

THIS was it! Thank you so much, now the horizontal bar appears again with the Magic Keyboard attached ?

Reactions: haruhiko

foliovision

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2008
Bratislava
I'd turned off predictive typing as I don't like it. If you have a keyboard attached to your iPad, to get the password dialogue box (which I get on my iPhone (iOS 15 & 16) to come up on iPadOS 16, predictive typing must be enabled.

I'm just writing the above hint in a very clear way for anyone else who stumbles on this post.

Reactions: haruhiko
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.