Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xStatiCa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 7, 2009
UPDATE: All i did was wait for 20 minutes and it finished whatever it was doing. So if anyone else has the same problem... just be patient!

Setup my ipad with iTunes 9.1. I initially did not tell it to sync anything because I want to specify what gets synced.

Everything went fine but when I select my device and then under the Apps tab check the sync apps check box it just stops responding and goes to 100% CPU usage. There is very little disk activity. I left it there for about 15 minutes but nothing changes.

I wonder if this is related to the amount of apps I have. I have 1399 apps in iTunes but I don't sync all those to my iphone. I plan to only sync the iPad apps for now to the iPad.

I will let it go for an hour or so and see if it finishes whatever it is doing.

Anyone else having problems like this?

alldat

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2008
I was having the same problem. I force quit everything except iTunes and it worked.

xStatiCa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 7, 2009
I was just too impatient. I waited about 15 or 20 minutes and it finished whatever it was doing. It more than likely was related to all the apps I have.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
I was having the same problem. I force quit everything except iTunes and it worked.

Thanks for the tip. I'll make sure I have nothing running but iTunes when I get a chance to sync my iPad (hasn't been delivered yet)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.