Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fonzmeister

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 25, 2010
Portugal - Lisbon
Hi,

So, first things first:

- I'm connected to the Internet (via Wifi, and i tried at home, at work, and via 3G - it's a 64GB 3G);
- I've followed the instructions on google's help pages (syncing via PUSH using the Exchange account), i googled a lot and found a bunch of people with the same problem, but all the threads were abandoned without a solution;
- I've got this puppy for 4 weeks, and it worked flowlessly untill 2 days ago when i did a restore (without backup so i could keep the iPad clean and start from scratch - everyone likes to mess around the first few days with software and so on...)
- Problem happens for at least 12h (maybe too long for a server problem?)
- English is NOT my first language.

So i tried this: sent a mail from my work exchange account to my gmail's account. The moment i see the mail on the web app, i see the "checking for mail" message on the ipad, that takes about 30 to 45 seconds to disappear. If i click "Mark as read" on the web, same message appears on the iPad, and so on.

I've deleted all the settings a couple of times, restarted about 10 times, and nothing. Still stuck with this.

The question is: it didn't took so long the first time i installed these settings! If i manualy check mail, it also takes a lot in order for effectively check the mail.

This kind of sucks. Do i need to restore AGAIN? This thing takes ages to copy the 30GB of multimedia i have.

Thanks in advance!

Fonzmeister

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 25, 2010
Portugal - Lisbon
Nailed it!

Here's the solution for anyone who suffers from the same issue:

- Restart iPad
- Delete Exchange Account via Settings Menu
- Restart iPad
- Add Exchange Account w/ google settings
- N'Joy!

This also solves the problem some people have when mail.app won't download "All Mail" folder (or any other with plenty of e-mails), even if it's instructed to do it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.