Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shafez

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 3, 2011
United States
Does anyone experienice problem with Microsoft to-do on 11.7.10.
Latest version downloaded from app store crashes when adding account.
Please advise

ProbablyJoseph

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2024
The latest update of MTD (2.114) also crashes. The only thing I've found to work is to un-install the present version that you have now, and re-install the last previous version 2.110, that still works with Big Sur. 11.7.0. That's what I'm still running on my MBP. Be sure and turn OFF automatic updates, because you don't want to update until(if ever) Microsoft/Apple gets their act together. They changed the app sometime in mid-december of last year, and restored my app from my time machine back-up that was from the early part of December.

Reactions: shafez

JavaMania5

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2015
Rockford Illinois
I just discovered my 2014 27". Big Sur also will not open Microsoft ToDo. I tried to delete and reinstall but no avail. My iPad & iPhone Todo apps are working fine. I am confused on finding an older version of the app ( ToDo) if I delete it again and want to reinstall with auto updates suspended. Is it likely the other Microsoft apps will follow suite?

PhoenixDown

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2012
How do you like the MS To-Do vs the Apple Reminders app? I only wish MS rolled that out before my work switched to gmail.

JavaMania5

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2015
Rockford Illinois
How do you like the MS To-Do vs the Apple Reminders app? I only wish MS rolled that out before my work switched to gmail.
MS ToDo is a very useful app for reminders and projects. I can share lists with my wife and if I make a addition or deletion she gets the updates automatically. It also retains items like groceries for adding back in when needed, reducing the need to retype. Also good for categorizing projects...work vs home, indoor vs outdoor,

shafez

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 3, 2011
United States
MS ToDo is a very useful app for reminders and projects. I can share lists with my wife and if I make a addition or deletion she gets the updates automatically. It also retains items like groceries for adding back in when needed, reducing the need to retype. Also good for categorizing projects...work vs home, indoor vs outdoor,
Also work on different platforms IOS and Android.

JavaMania5

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2015
Rockford Illinois
I found a solution in Microsoft Tech community, if none works download the older version on the second page, works well.
since I have other apps that will no longer upgrade on my 2014 27" iMac, I went ahead and purchased a M3 IMac and was able to download ToDo and it works again...But thank you for your suggestion.

Reactions: PhoenixDown
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.