Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

simon lefisch

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 29, 2014
Since updating to 11.2.5, I no longer receive text notifications when my iPhone 6s+ is connected via Bluetooth. I deleted my car from my phone and vice versa but still nothing. All settings are the same on my Civic HU. Nothing has changed. Has anyone else had this prob?

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Funny thing about that. My car theoretically should have been able to receive text notifications and never did. Until after one of the IOS 11 upgrades. After that I started receiving imessage notifications. I don't think notification forwarding was ever enabled until recently on iphones. Try this, go into Bluetooth settings while you phone is connected and look at the properties and see if notification forwarding is enabled.

If that doesn't work, download the ios 11.3b2 public beta. It's actually pretty good on my 6s and maybe will resolve your issue.

simon lefisch

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 29, 2014
Funny thing about that. My car theoretically should have been able to receive text notifications and never did. Until after one of the IOS 11 upgrades. After that I started receiving imessage notifications. I don't think notification forwarding was ever enabled until recently on iphones. Try this, go into Bluetooth settings while you phone is connected and look at the properties and see if notification forwarding is enabled.

If that doesn't work, download the ios 11.3b2 public beta. It's actually pretty good on my 6s and maybe will resolve your issue.

I always had text notifications via BT working before this update. I did notice that forwarding was disabled after I updated to 11.2.5 even though I did t disable it. So it seems that the update set it time disabled. I really hate it when these updates do things like that. Makes you think something is t working. In any case, notification forwarding is working. I will mark this thread as solved. Thanks for the response.

Reactions: I7guy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.