Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MyDyingBride

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2015
So as many of Yosemite users i had the wifi problem where it disconnect every 3 or 4 min i had this problem the day i updated to Yosemite

I tried many things non fixed my problem but i found a temporary fix until  figure it out
What you need is uTorrent then start a download any file does not matter then put the Up and Down Speed on 5 kB/s
Now Enjoy the connection will not drop anymore
and for gamers you can just close uTorrent when your IN online game not before

Hope apple will fix this soon
;):D:cool:

crjackson2134

macrumors 601
Mar 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC
So as many of Yosemite users i had the wifi problem where it disconnect every 3 or 4 min i had this problem the day i updated to Yosemite

I tried many things non fixed my problem but i found a temporary fix until  figure it out
What you need is uTorrent then start a download any file does not matter then put the Up and Down Speed on 5 kB/s

Hope apple will fix this soon
;):D:cool:

You might want to consider the keepalive script instead.

BStyle105

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2009
Possible Resolution

After trying everything to fix the Wi-Fi problem, including a fresh reinstall, PRAM reset......I tried switching off bluetooth on all my nearby devices (not the bluetooth on the computer I was using however) and so far I have had no problems with Wi-Fi dropping out. Anyway, it's a bizarre fix but it seems to work, will keep you posted on the longevity of the fix.

iWe

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2012

...or you could simply just open a radio stream (and mute it or not) in one of your browser tabs to keep the connection from dropping.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.