Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bobosita

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 3, 2018
Georgia
Wonted to clean install Catalina instead of Monterey, its seems laggy for my Air 2015. Please help me to resolve it, tried almost everything include deleting keychain files...

Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 03.59.11.png

Reactions: Reggaenald

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
That's a feature that drove my 80 year-old mother to tears. Her memory was slipping, and she would write the passwords down, and then either misplace it, or grab the wrong one, and lock her account. All they want to know, for whatever reason, is 'Are you this person'. Seems rather needless, but you had better enter the right password...

Reactions: Reggaenald

Adarna

Suspended
Jan 1, 2015
That's a feature that drove my 80 year-old mother to tears. Her memory was slipping, and she would write the passwords down, and then either misplace it, or grab the wrong one, and lock her account. All they want to know, for whatever reason, is 'Are you this person'. Seems rather needless, but you had better enter the right password...
That's why Face ID & Touch ID is useful.

Bobosita

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 3, 2018
Georgia
What you mean?))) I know my password, its not a problem, problem is Catalina, so I think I will install Monterey...

Reggaenald

Suspended
Sep 26, 2021
Wonted to clean install Catalina instead of Monterey, its seems laggy for my Air 2015. Please help me to resolve it, tried almost everything include deleting keychain files...

View attachment 1958595
Had this on Macs running Monterey, Big Sur and High Sierra, also iPhones. The only thing that helped was to click continue and wait.
Enter the password and wait. Wait a little longer.
Restart the machine and repeat, it can take some time for it to update.

Lloigorr

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2021
Germany
I had the same problem on my dosdude-patched Mac mini 2010 on Catalina. I repeatedly clicked continue and restarted and eventually it worked. Since then there’s no such problem on my machine. I thought it was just a bug on my patched machine, but apparently there are more people who experience this problem. With catalina you have to be patient I guess :)

GSWForever8

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2021

View attachment 1958595

When you erase, it should show macOS Catalina. If you want to downgrade to the earliest version, press shift command r. If you want to install Monterey, press option command r.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.