Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Soulcrux

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 8, 2008
While I absolutely lOVE my iPad and actually use it more often than my MacBook Pro now, there are alot of jarring instances in which i am forced to go back to the mothership!

Frustrations:

You cannot subscribe to a YouTube channel inside the app NOR the iPad site.
You cannot favorite inside the YouTube app (but you can on the site)

You cannot add friends on the AIM app. Very frustrating.
You cannot Copy text from the bubbles in AIM either. This has less to do with the whole "back to the mothership" thing than just huge oversight.

While i can download podcasts from the iTunes app, I cannot subscribe.

Another complaint I have that is more just about app function and less about iPad vs desktop usage, is that I have to turn the Pages app every time I want to TAB. Don't know about you guys, but i use TAB key alot when I write.

Anymore complaints? (more so the furstrations of having to go add something on your computer because the apps don't let you within themselves)

iCheddar

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2007
South Dakota
I definitely agree about the lack of tab in landscape pages.

The only interest I have as far as notetaking applications goes is simple typing of notes, and none of the notetaking apps are any good. I'd love to use Pages as a notetaking app, but the lack of tab in landscape makes it basically worthless too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.