Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

guido.coza

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 12, 2011
South Africa
After the battery of my 4s is getting really bad I bought a iphone SE yesterday.
I did backup the 4s a last time to the computer and wanted to restore from backup to the SE. To my horror 17 App did not come to the SE
It took me half the night to get some of the apps from the app store but now im still short of 6 apps 2 payed for. Why did the restore did not happen and how can I get all apps from my old phone onto the SE

Hermes Monster

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2010
UK
Go to the purchased section of the app store on your phone and search for them there. It may be that the apps have been removed from the App Store though, so you will probably not get them back, unless you had a local back up saved on iTunes. I think iOS8 or 9 stopped the local back ups of app though

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
After the battery of my 4s is getting really bad I bought a iphone SE yesterday.
I did backup the 4s a last time to the computer and wanted to restore from backup to the SE. To my horror 17 App did not come to the SE
It took me half the night to get some of the apps from the app store but now im still short of 6 apps 2 payed for. Why did the restore did not happen and how can I get all apps from my old phone onto the SE

Do you have WiFi? Sounds like they are trying to download

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.