Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

purdnost

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 2, 2018
I just noticed that some birthdays (sourced from my contacts) are appearing on my iPad calendar, while others are not, and there is no rhyme or reason for this. My iPhone displays all of the birthdays. Wondering if this may be a bug, or potentially a syncing issue with Apple’s servers.

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
Are you sure these people hadn't made derogatory comments about your iPad? The iPad may be acting out of spite. Ok, all joking aside, here's what I'd try:

1. On your iPad, go to Settings > Your Apple ID > iCloud > disable Calendars (and tap on Delete from iPad). Then after that's done, reenable Calendars again and see if the birthday calendar syncs properly now.
  2. If that doesn't work, tap on "Calendars" at the bottom of the Calendars app and ensure the Birthday calendar is checked.
  3. If it's checked, then quit the Calendars app and reopen it.
  4. If that doesn't work, try restarting your iPad.
  5. If that doesn't work, try signing out of iCloud altogether on your iPad and then signing in again.

Reactions: purdnost

purdnost

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 2, 2018
Are you sure these people hadn't made derogatory comments about your iPad? The iPad may be acting out of spite. Ok, all joking aside, here's what I'd try:

1. On your iPad, go to Settings > Your Apple ID > iCloud > disable Calendars (and tap on Delete from iPad). Then after that's done, reenable Calendars again and see if the birthday calendar syncs properly now.
  2. If that doesn't work, tap on "Calendars" at the bottom of the Calendars app and ensure the Birthday calendar is checked.
  3. If it's checked, then quit the Calendars app and reopen it.
  4. If that doesn't work, try restarting your iPad.
  5. If that doesn't work, try signing out of iCloud altogether on your iPad and then signing in again.
Thank you for the thorough response. Step number 5 is what finally did the trick for me. All birthdays are now visible and my iPad has forgiven all. ;)

Reactions: usagora

purdnost

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 2, 2018
Good to hear! :)
Except now when I go into “Find My iPad”, I can’t re-enable “Find My network” for whatever reason. I’m prompted to update my security settings. When I proceed, a window appears, then quickly disappears. 🤷🏼‍♂️

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
Except now when I go into “Find My iPad”, I can’t re-enable “Find My network” for whatever reason. I’m prompted to update my security settings. When I proceed, a window appears, then quickly disappears. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I think when they said they did a "hard reset" they might have meant a force restart:

purdnost

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 2, 2018
Reactions: usagora

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
Two for two! Thanks. The hard reset did the trick. Setting was already enabled after the reset.

Phew, glad it worked! This is why I hate signing out of iCloud (and why I listed it last in my suggestions) - it often has unintended consequences.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.