Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

addamas

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 20, 2016
Hello,
Does any of you have currently problems with Samsung TV AppleTV App Library where some movies (not all) are showing error on open (screen below)?

Device:
Samsung TV Q80TAT with Tizen 5.5
AirPlay 2 is working fine with it, never before I had problems with availability.

Suddenly today I tried to open “Full Metal Jacket” and later “A Clockwork Orange” and “The Shawshank Redemption” from Library and all I got was grey screen with following error:

IMG_1222.jpeg
All other checked movies work well. What the heck happened to these? I watched before these movies on this TV without any problems.

I will be really pissed off if Apple started some kind of DRM on fully working and supported by them non apple device. For sure I will not buy AppleTV to watch what I bought because they want this.

Edit: After opened “Full Metal Jacket” on iPhone AppleTV app it was few minutes later working on this TV, however this has not fixed other 2 … then when I closed and opened app on TV once again “Full Metal Jacket” were “locked” behind this error message 🤦‍♂️

Attachments

• IMG_1223.jpeg
    IMG_1223.jpeg
    172.6 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Mercifull

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2012
Are you using the right app on your tv. Appletv+ is only for the premium appletv+ content not your iTunes purchased library. You'll need the other appletv app. confusing I know.

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
Are you using the right app on your tv. Appletv+ is only for the premium appletv+ content not your iTunes purchased library. You'll need the other appletv app. confusing I know.
There is only one Apple TV app. Apple TV+ is found within the Apple TV app. I've never seen it as its own app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.