Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thedoctor45x

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 9, 2020
I always found it a bit irritating how quickly 10.5 support was dropped by developers back when 10.6 hit the shelves, whereas its successor enjoyed support for a much longer period of time, so I've made a descision to take matters into my own hands by compiling some 10.5 compatible software myself.

For those of you who are like me and are still running OS X Leopard on their old machines and refuse to upgrade for whatever reason (be it performance, backwards compatibility or plain old laziness), I've put together a rather large software archive of custom builds of more recent software releases specifically designed to work on 10.5.8.

This includes various emulators as well as some software libraries, webbrowsers and a bunch of freeware games.
Most of these builds are 32bit and only compatible with Intel Macs but there are a few universal binaries included as well.

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/023jiycr49e8r/Custom_Intel_10.5_Builds

Hopefully, some people here will find this archive useful.
I'm still in the process of adding more stuff btw. so make sure to check the archive regularly for updates.

PS: If you run into problems with any of the downloads please let me know.

enjoy
doc

Riku7

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2014
Very interesting. However, is there any way to tell Intel and Universal Binary versions apart? It might help to have them in separate folders or something, because it's crucial information for PPC users; with the data transfer speeds of older machines, you typically only want to transfer what's really relevant!

thedoctor45x

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 9, 2020
There are really only a handful of Universal ports included maybe 5 or 6 at best so I don't think PPC users will have any particular interest in my archive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.