Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lrnzmr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 4, 2017
Hey!

Since a week I've thrown out our old router as base station and replaced it with a Time Caspule and a supplementary AirPort Express.
Since then, I've been using the network to browse the internet with devices like my iPhone and MacBook. My family does the same with their MacBooks, iPhones and iPads... But when a new device tries to connect, the Wi-Fi network fails... It doesn't matter if it's an Apple device or not (tried iPhone, Neato, Brother Printer, Garmin watch).
Typically a connecting device would notify it can't get the IP address... Any idea where it might go wrong?

Thank you so much!

Lorenz

techwarrior

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2009
Colorado
Often, when a new router is discovered, devices need their network stack restarted to clear caches. Try power cycling any devices not making the connection.

l0renz

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2012
Often, when a new router is discovered, devices need their network stack restarted to clear caches. Try power cycling any devices not making the connection.
Unfortunately, the response from all devices remains the same...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.