Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Patch^

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
Great Britain
hi, for the last few days ive been experiancing some problems with my powerbook and i wanted some advice. The Problems are as follows:-

1. Must restart error (kernal panic)etc.. (however it hasn't occured for a while now since 10.4.1)
2. DVD/CD-RW does not always work (however i managed to fix this by using Disk Utillity).
3. When I open my Powerbook from sleep it some times makes a long beep/buzz sound and i have to reset the date (i.e. cmos/pram), this problem i cannot fix! I also have to take the battery out just to restart it! :eek:

Can anyone help me pls? this has only started happening since i updated to 10.4.1... could there be problems with it?

Thnx for any help :) ^_^

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Did you run Repair Permissions prior and after the installation of 10.4.1? It's located in Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
You need to bring it to an Apple service center. Looks like something on the motherboard is short circuited and draining the MB battery. You might also want to do a complete wipe of the HD and install everything from scratch.

Patch^

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
Great Britain
Did you run Repair Permissions prior and after the installation of 10.4.1? It's located in Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility.

yes lol, as i have mentioned etc..

..(however i managed to fix this by using Disk Utillity).

You need to bring it to an Apple service center. Looks like something on the motherboard is short circuited and draining the MB battery. You might also want to do a complete wipe of the HD and install everything from scratch.

Hmmm sounds interesting, and it does seem to be something related with the battery. Guess im going to hve to take it to an AASP, luckily its still under warranty.

Thnx guys, much appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.